For starters we all deserve a pat on our back for staying indoors and surviving the first stretch of the lock-down. If not for the foolhardiness of some, things would have been better. However we are still in much- much better position as compared to most of the so called developed countries of the world.
There a few things that I have realized over this period:
- How important it is to have a hobby – the ones that you can enjoy doing from the comfort of your home, without anyone’s company.
- The people you call, message and try getting in touch with are the people that matter. Henceforth whenever you have to choose, you know who to hold on to.
- The neighbors are and will remain our first source of contact in case of an emergency. If we can’t be pals with them at least be cordial.
- I have survived till date in 2 pair of shorts & T-Shirt and a pair of nightwear. I can also do away with processed food.
- Those of us who are gloating over the fact that our needs have become less and we can live with these curtailed wants are absolutely wrong. There is a term in Mewari “मशानों का वैराग्य”, all the above feeling is just that. All this back to basics bullshit is till the time lockdown remains. We are once again going to jump head on into this materialistic world with much more fervor.
- The political leadership will always have the best interest in their mind in times of crisis irrespective of cast, creed and region. We also need to get above these narrow boundaries.
- There is a saying, “Hands that serve are holier than the ones that pray”. To all the religious leaders – we have enough places of worship what we need more are the Temples of Healing i.e. the hospitals.
- There are some genuine people who are doing their job and helping the needy. If they want then they must do their publicity, for the others please spare the theatrics.
- Our elected representatives, who have not stayed in their constituency to monitor the aid-work, have a lot to answer for in the next elections.
- For other political workers – not everyone needs to be on the field, you can contribute by staying indoors and stop the spread.
This virus that has shaken the world has its origin in China and they have lot to answer for and pay for.