Today’s resounding verdict in favour of Aam Aadmi Party is victory of good governance, smart social media outreach/public connect and consistent delivery over the past five years.
I am not a citizen of Delhi (I doubt being a Son-In-Law would count) and the deliverable’s are gauged only from the media reports and the people I speak to and they have spoken like how !!
It is a victory of Arvind Kejriwal and his brand of politics and governance. People of Delhi have refused to fall for the name calling of Mr. Kejriwal – from being called as an Anarchist and a Terrorist, they have reposed their faith in him. But can he replicate this model across the country is something that I doubt.
BJP is now facing the law of diminishing returns, they have consistently lost state after state inspite of the abrogation of Arictle 370, Ram Mandir Verdict, Triple Talaq, divisive politics and the hatred that was peddled around. In the end it always boils down to रोटी, कपड़ा और मकान. You can’t fake it to make people believe that they have money in their pockets. Either they have it or they don’t and with the way they have messed up economy, most people certainly don’t have it.
Congress i.e. my party needs to do something ASAP. From governing the state for 15 straight years we have been getting out on zero in the previous two elections. This is just not done. Time for introspection is over. We have had that now for over 6 years now in Delhi !!
My few suggestions :
- Time the leaders in-charge made to stay in the district headquarters mandatorily for atleast a week in a month. Have an open house, get to know local congressman and not get surrounded by select few.
- Have a more pro-active social media team that caters to the party and not to any specific group.
- Involve youth, give them a share in organisation, again those who have individual standing and identity in society.
- Stop playing second fiddle to any party, for whenever we have done that we have never recovered in those states.
- We are the oldest party with office-bearers across the length and breadth of the country; people are sick and tired of politics of hatred we have to offer them the alternative that they so badly crave.
Last but not the least – BRAVO AAP & MR. KEJRIWAL !!!