The title of this film initially was Mental Hai Kya before they changed it to Judgementall Hai Kya. This was done to pacify and be political correct after the Psychiatrists took offence. So I shall follow the latter title and be Judgy as hell, which I am usually is!!
This film is about a little girl Bobby (Kangana Ranaut) who loses her parents to freak accident and thereby develops a mental condition, so I am made to infer by the filmmakers. She grows up to become a dubbing artist, a wannabe actress with her own mental issues. A pair of young couple comes to live with as tenants in her house and in which eventually the wife is burned and killed. The suspect is both the Bobby and the victims husband (Rajkumar Rao) and they both accuse each other for this crime, however both eventually gets the clean chit from the cops.
Post interval Bobby meets this guy again who is now married to her cousin living in London and what follows is the doubts and accusations towards each other. They both are wary of each other and try gathering dirt from each ones past to strengthen their case. This being a murder and a Psychological thriller I am not going to reveal anything more.
So being Judgemental AF this is what I think:
- The Brilliant Kangana Ranaut, she aces at playing these roles. Unhinged and unafraid to play such a character.
- Some of the jokes and the characters work in the first half, especially the cops and her doormat of a boyfriend.
- Rajkumar Rao is again someone who always lifts up any character he plays.
- I like the take on Sita ji and the use of chaupai from Ramcharita Manas.
- Despite it being just 121 minutes long, it feels long which means sometimes it is not going anywhere.
- The second half is such a slog just wanted to fast-forward to the end.
- The climax is overlong and it takes forever to come.
- I do not really understand the symptoms of Bobby’s mental illness wish they could have elaborated that to, maybe know her better.
To deliver my closing remarks in the Judgement of this film: The Ayes get drowned in the din of the Nos.
समझे ?? नहीं ??
400 शब्दों की एक बात इस को आप मेरे हिसाब से skip कर सकते हैं !!